- wet paper and paint, washing brush between colors.
- study the effects of working on wet paper.
- practice positioning the hand to access the tip of the brush.
- understand how to make a color lighter or darker
- understand the unique qualities of watercolor paint
Pre-K and Kinders are enjoying exploring the the expressive potential of watercolor paints. Using the Reggio-Emilia approach of exploration and self-discovery, the children got busy learning the various ways we can make marks with brushes and made some surprising discoveries. In this seemingly simple activity students are learning how to :
Students were thrilled with the vibrant results.